Benefits of Online Truck Booking and its Contribution to GDP
Transportation sector in India is highly unorganized which induces complexity in logistics ecosystem and as a result it operates at lower efficiency. A well structured and coordinated system of transport plays an important role in the sustained growth of a country. Indian government is taking various initiatives to improve Indian transportation system for truck booking, freight booking etc, which can be explored on:
According to the 2013 govt reports, the aggregate road length in India was approx 5.0 million kms and has gone up to 5.8 million kms at this point, which is the second biggest road organize on the planet after the United States. The National Highways convey around 45% of the aggregate road activity, however constituting just around 2.0% of the road measurement.The National Highways Authority of India has been investing in a multi phase National Highways Development Project to improve the capacity and quality of the National Highways, significantly using the Public Private Partnership model. The contribution of the transport sector to India’s GDP has increased from 6% in 2001-02 to 6.8% in 2012-13. Within this, road transport has increased from 3.9% to 4.9%, being the primary driver of the increase in the transport share. Hence efficient logistics ecosystem means higher contribution in GDP.
Key reasons for complexity & lower efficiency of logistics ecosystem:
- Offline truck booking results in waste of resources & time, completely a manual process.So opt for online truck booking and make your booking process in few steps and quite simple.
- No proper verification of truck owners & drivers results in theft.
- Involvement of brokers & commission agents adds inefficiency in system by manual working behavior.
- No real time tracking mechanism and hence delayed delivery of goods.
- Drivers & truckers don’t understand the importance of timely delivery and it’s after effect.
- Small truck owners hardly have direct access to customers.
- Hardly any use of technology for online truck booking.
- Lack of professionalism & education amongst personnel.
How Online Truck booking can solve most of these problems and add efficiency in the ecosystem:
Use of technology is need of today’s life so in the transportation & logistics sector as well but hardly been applied as yet in India. YOULORRY is working in this direction to bring disruption in this sector.
Online truck booking does not mean that truck booking has to happen online, rest of activities are to be done offline. Key benefits of online truck bookings are:
- Customer does not have to rely on market brokers for bookings, means faster booking process.
- Customer gets verified trucks & divers, YOULORRY have large pool of truckers & drivers data.
- Online bids give customers opportunity of better rate than offline booking system.
- It helps eliminate nexus of market brokers who are charging huge commission in between, online booking system reduces the margin hence win-win situation for all stake holders.
- Online truck booking enables you to track your consignment from beginning to end, therefore on time delivery and safe transportation of goods.
- Through online truck booking you can manage your complete transportation work and can access all the records & details on single click.
- 24/7 customer support for customers & truckers.
- Engaging small truck owners (less than 5 trucks) & assuring to and fro load availability to them, help them gain more. 85% of the trucks are owned by truckers having up to 5 trucks.
- Educating & training truckers and helping them use the technology for their betterment along with other benefits.
There are many more advantages when you book trucks online, which helps increase efficiency of ecosystem, YOULORRY has designed its application as simple as it could be keeping users in view.
1000 kms of National highways & state highways are being developed everyday by government of India since NDA government is taken over. If is supported with technology in timely manner, disruption in this highly unorganized sector will happen faster as needed, which ultimately will contribute hugely in country’s GDP.